Next wool workshops in 2021 :
- From 19 th to 30th July
Discover the crafts of hand spinning and felt-making, using your hands to transform the fleece into yarn or felt. You will create different objects, incorporating different materials, limited only by your imagination.
In these small friendly workshops you will be supported by people experienced in spinning, felting, vegetable dyeing and creating textiles. There will be no more than 6 people in each group.
The workshops will take place in the beautiful grounds of the Abbaye de Tuffé in Sarthe (72) (see map at bottom of page).
Your week will include:
- Learning to spin fleece into yarn on spinning wheels. This may seem a bit tricky at first but after a little practice every day you will learn to master the technique.
- You will learn to card scoured wool for felting.
- You will prepare dye baths using plants that we will gather in the
- At the end of the week you will have a garment to take away with you (gilet, tank top, bolero or skirt…) which you will have created out of felted wool and yarn that you have spun, dyed in colours you have produced using plants.
Cost of workshops:
Open to the public, aged 12yrs+, no previous experience required
70,- euros per day, from 8.45 to 17.30; 320,- euros per week including all supplies and lunch (not including other meals/accommodation)
Location: Abbaye de Tuffé (Sarthe 72).
Information and reservations:
Tel: 00 33 64 4752140
- Hôtel de l’Abbaye, 80m from workshop location
- Price (2016): 45 euros per night or 62 euros half-board
- Reservation: tel 00 44 24 36 00 852
- Camping du Lac : 800 m from location of workshop
- You can pitch your tent here or rent a mobile home
- Reservation: tel 00 44 24 39 38 834
Afficher Carte de l'atelier Laine de Sarine sur une carte plus grande